Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Big K.R.I.T. - The Return Of 4Eva



Big K.R.I.T. - The Return Of 4Eva


(Cinematic Music Group, 2011)

A record deal with Def Jam, tours with Curren$y & Wiz Khalifa plus a spot on XXL Magazine's much ballyhooed 2011 Freshmen Class. A lot has transpired in the months since Mississippian Big K.R.I.T. (King Remembered In Time) released his critically acclaimed mixtape, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, (a free "mixtape" an oftentimes brilliant collection of hard hitting & sometimes deeply introspective, nostalgic "country rap tunes") & there was a lot of pressure on K.R.I.T. to do it again. For those who thought the first tape was a fluke, stand corrected. BK doesn't disappoint with his latest "street album", The Return Of 4Neva

As with K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, The Return Of 4Neva is entirely self produced, steeped in the tradition of Southern Hip-Hop. But where K.R.I.T. Wuz Here seemed exceedingly urgent, as if K.R.I.T. had but one shot to make an impression & prove his talents, The Return Of 4Neva shows a relaxed confidence & maturity. K.R.I.T. is slowly starting to grow beyond his influences & find his own unique voice, & unique it is. Very few rappers are making music as potent or as relevant as BK. K.R.I.T. has crafted a sound so singularly Southern, comparisons to other genre defining acts like the Outkast, Goodie Mob, UGK & T.I. are not only inevitable, they're justified. K.R.I.T. chose an apt title cause the music on this tape has a timeless quality that captures the essence of Southern Hip-Hop, distilled from the works of the artists who laid the foundation.


I can rave on & on about The Return Of 4Neva & my favorite tracks but I figure the rest of the internets are gonna have a lot to say as well. So 'nuff talk, just download the thing already....

Big K.R.I.T. - The Return Of 4Eva

Sidenote: Yeah, I thought it was a goofy name too, but this guy may actually live up to it.

Below is the video for the first single off of The Return Of 4Eva, "Dreamin'"