Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beaming (Video)





I wasn't too fond of The Cool, but it seems like Wasulu has taken it back to his Kick, Push/Food & Liquor steez. Inspirational but catchy, simple but with deeper meaning, and with an assist from The Neptunes, I'm Beaming succeeds on all fronts. My favorite verse...

"Do you remember me, the guy from verse one
Failure’s my last name, Never’s my first one
You see I hood a lot and yeah I nerd some
Hood’s where the heart is, nerd’s where the word’s from
Don’t represent either, because I merge them
There’s kids who wanna leave and I encourage them
Go out and see the world, never return from
Yeah, you don’t come back unless you learn some
And baby girl, what does it matter where you purse from?
Your hurr done, your nails did, your ass phat but you’re dumb
Mix Melyssa Ford wit Maya Angelou
Become a Top Model and Sojourner too
I try to follow this, what Mohammad do
It’s such a old soul inside this sonic view
That’s why I’m Ferrari’d up and I’m conscious too
I don’t prophecize, I promise you
"

Lasers is on the way.

No comments: