Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dear Shyne,



What up gangster? I know, I know, I didn't write you during your bid like I said I would, but I've been caught up in a buncha bullshit since you've been gone. Living life. You know how it is. I copped the album though. The official shit too, not the bootleg. Godfather Buried Alive. Shit was just what the streets needed to hold us over until you came home. It took a minute but they finally had to let you go. Now I know immigration got you caught up and they ended up sending you back to Belize, but from what I hear, you're back on your feet already. I know L.A. Reid basically handed you a new big money deal with Def Jam. That's a good look!(Let me hold somethin' Po!) I heard the joint you did for Khaled's album and even though alot of people hated on it, (I'm not gonna front, I didn't know what to think) you get a pass from me.


DJ Khaled feat. Akon, Shyne & Movado - All My Life

It's like a fighter, sparring, shaking off the ring rust, getting back in fighting form. Shit, honestly, it wasn't even that bad, just not quite the first look you'd want after being away for all those years. And the lyrics weren't bad at all. I think the problem most heads had with the song was your voice. I don't know what you were doing with your time at Clinton but whatever it was, it definitely changed how you sound on the mic. I was hoping that Khaled song was just a warm up joint but these latest joints I've heard aren't any better.


Shyne - Messiah


Shyne - Rude Boy Freestyle

Actually, they're kinda worse.

Cause it's not just the voice that's not working. It's the flow, the words, everything. I hate to sound like a dick, but exactly what were you doing with your time up north? Now I know you've been through some shit the past 10 years and I understand that, but fam, you're gonna have to come better then this if you're expecting to try and get your career back. The people you have around you obviously aren't telling you the truth, so let me do you a favor and tell it like it is...

Step Your Bars Up, Son.

After all that time away, people are anticipating something epic and so far, all we've gotten is below average, especially for a cat who's had as much time on his hands as you have. You know the streets got love for you Po, but you gotta give cats something to cheer about and these past couple of joints ain't it.

Just a little something to think about. I'll holla.

Amp

2 comments:

Mikey McFly™ said...

I dunno if Shyne will ever be the same as what he was before jail... this whole sing along style he adopted isn't what the people want to hear and shows by the lack of interest it's gaining

Anonymous said...

fuck shyne