Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lifted Research Group Presents Outasight - Further (Mixtape)



I try not to fall for the blog hype. You know, those artists that seemingly come out of no where and recieve all sorts of acclaim from the bloggersphere without the actual content to back it up. I have a sixth sense for shit like that and I do my best to steer clear. But once in a while I actually take a listen to a new artist that makes me kick myself for being such a know it all.

Outasight is one such artist.

The Yonkers bred singer/rapper has been steadily building up his buzz, and even though I initially wrote him off for looking more like an English Lit professor then an MC, the homie TC strongarmed convinced me to sample his mixtape with Mick Boogie, From Here To There (Album Prequel), and surprise, surprise, the guy had some spit to him and could actually carry a note. His 2nd EP, Radio New York, showed more promise, but what sold me on Outasight actually had little to do with his music and more to do with his whole outlook on his chosen profession. Peep...

Off The Wall Sessions - Ep. 2 Outasight from OFF THE WALL SESSIONS on Vimeo.


He never comes off forced like he's trying to be something he's not. There's something genuine about his character that bleeds through his songs and I think that's what's so appealing about his music. It's honest. Backed by indie producers like 6th Sense, D/Will & Cook Classics, Outasight has quietly built up a quality resume and his latest tape continues that trend. Further is prolly Outasight's best work to date and is a perfect snapshot of what's special about his sound. Soulful but very much rooted in Hip-Hop. With a freshly inked deal at Asylum Records and his debut LP in the works, the future looks bright for Outasight. Get in on the ground floor.

Here's a quick sample to show you what you've been lunching on...


"Brand New Day" (Produced By 6th Sense)


"Here We Go Again" (Produced By Table For 6)


Lifted Research Group Presents Outasight - Further

1 comment:

geico lizard said...

You are right Amp these record labels think the public doesnt know a fake buzz artist from a real buzz artist.