Monday, October 19, 2009

Is Dat You Beffa?

Mase Makes Puff Release Him In The Middle of V103's Ryan Cameron Show from shudduptv on Vimeo.


The good Reverend Mason Betha b.k.a. Mase has been on the comeback trail (for the 3nd time) for the last few months but this time around he's been openly asking for "Diddy's percent". Knowing how shady Puff is (the man still owns Biggie's publishing. SMH), I couldn't see him giving up a dime, let alone releasing him from his deal. That was part of the reason Mase's situation with Curtis and G-Unit eventually fell through. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures cause this video (captured by K.I.M. @ Shuddup.com) shows the Pastor (release papers in hand) catching Diddy off guard while he was at Atlanta's V103 promoting his new group, Dirty Money and his upcoming album. The radio hosts and the Dirty Money girls all play it off nicely but the tension between Puff and Mase is obvious. I was waiting for this to get ugly but to my surprise, Diddy did the right thing and signed on the dotted line. I guess all the prayer paid off, huh Betha?



Mase is officially off of Bad Boy. The question now...does anyone care?

Update: Me thinks I spoke too soon. Since Miss Info got the scoop (as usual), I'll let her tell it...

Ok, so my insider tells me….that signature wasn’t on a contract release form…it was basically an appearance release form. Basically, Diddy is allowing Mase to appear on songs with other artists. He is not freeing Mase from his contractual obligations to Bad Boy.

But this is a start, because Mase already has a big feature in the works, as well as a potential home at Interscope…..which would work out well in terms of those old contractual obligations because Diddy is already over at Interscope as well.

See how that would all fit together? Synergy, lol ; )


Interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all pans out for the Pastor.

1 comment:

geico lizard said...

I knew that was too easy to be the real deal. Diddy doesnt let anybody go until they are dead or finished as an artist.