Saturday, October 31, 2009

"First The Fat Boys Break Up...


...Now Every Day I Wake Up, Somebody Gotta Problem Wit Hov"

So if you haven't heard by now, Beanie Sigel "dissed" Jay-Z with a new track, the eloquently entitled, What You Talkin' Bout.



Now there were rumblings that Beans had sent a shot at Hov during Philly's Powerhouse show last week but it seemed pretty benign to me and knowing Hip-Hop's lust for blood, I kinda glossed over it and chalked it up to overactive bloggers. But last night on DJ Kay-Slay's Drama Hour show on Hot97, Slay dropped the Beanie "dis" and it was all but confirmed. Now, compared to dis tracks of the past, this is far from Ether. But I don't think it was intended to be that. More notable then the actual rhymes is the nearly 3 minute rant which close out the track. Some quotables....

"This aint a diss record, this a real record
How does it feel to get exposed, don't you feel naked?
I was the fly on the wall ….witness,
I can say things that can make B look at you different"

"I'm a grown ass man, I don't sit on nigga's laps
And I ain't lookin' for no gifts outta Santa Claus sack"

"But the rapper Shawn called the police on me
Cause I was front row at the Blueprint 3
Sheesh, I just wanted to see him MC and reminisce when we were the R.O.C
But he called on the C.O.P., not only that but he brought in the F.E.D.,
So that's telling me eff you Sieg, so eff you two and eff Bleek three"

"I was the realist thing that happened to the ROC...I brought the fellas to Roc-A-Fella, Hot97, State Property, y'all remember that"

"And you’ll never go to jail again, cause you knew I would shoot em....you ain't fear for war cause Sig was in the field"

"When you got love for a Mutha***** it don’t go away that easy See, many people gonna walk in and out your life but only real friends leave footprints on your heart, dog. But I think yours is fading in the sand. And that's real rap."

"The richest man ain’t the one with his first dollar dog, its the one who still got his first friend, Roc-A-Fella for life, It's The Roc!"


I can't convey the emotion Beanie displays in his mini rant. You can hear the pain and disappointment in his voice. shortly after the song leaked, Beans called up Charlamagne Tha God on 100.3 The Beat in Philly to clarify things and during the conversation, he makes a number of allegations. It's definitely worth a listen.



My take on this whole thing?

Beans got caught up in the Jay-Z/Dame Dash split and Dame used him as a pawn, positioning Beans as one of the label's franchise players after Jay-Z eventually left the label. But we know how things actually ended up. Jay kept Roc-A-Fella and Dash ended up getting the boot. Now this is all speculation, but I think Jay saw what was going on and had already started to back away from Sigel. Being that Dame was so ingrained in Beanie's buisness and with the rift between him and Jay already there, naturally he sided with Dame, at least initially. But soon Sig saw how Dame was in his pockets and eventually got back together with Jay and Roc-A-Fella for the release of The Solution, which under performed. I guess after seeing Beanie's sales decline and having grown tired of his repeated parole violations and subsequent jail stints, Hov decided to sever his relationship with Sigel on a buisness level....and apparently on a friendship level as well.

Ultimately, Beans is just another on a long list of people Jay-Z has worked with/befriended and later disposed of for whatever reason. Jay-Z stans will immediately deflect and say Beans should feel more anger towards Dame, but that still doesn't address his issues with him. Sure, you can take the stance that it's all buisness and Jay-Z was just handling his, but there are parts of the story where with all the camaraderie and brotherhood they displayed in public and on record, you'd think Jay would've handled certain situations differently. But then again, considering his past and the amount of similar tales, I can't say I'm really surprised.

It's late (or early, depending on how you look at it) and I'm really writing in auto pilot right now so more on this topic later...

1 comment:

geico lizard said...

I saw Jays response on WSHH at that press conference and the stans like you said Amp were laughing at his answers. If it was one maybe 2 people saying Jay stabbed them in the back I could rock with Jays point but everybody except TyTy is gone right now. Thats why Jay shouted TyTy out in Empire State of Mind because he probably doesnt know anyone elses name around him because they are brand new.

The part where beans says jay didnt push him like 50 did g unit im on the outside looking in so I dont know the facts but from out here Beans got a big push from jay. Beans and Memph Bleek got more Jay co-signs that Kanye but Mr West was able to outsell both of them combined over their careers. The main thing with Beans is you cant promote an album well and you cant make tour money from behind bars. Like I said im on the outside looking in but I want to hear the rest of the story beans isnt telling us. He is still trying to be loyal to Jay which shows he still has love for him because others guys would have written a book or released an entire mixtape exposing all the Jay secrets and shady dealings.

Jay probably never like Kanye and he still doesnt want him to ever get bigger than he is right now. He likes using him to get on songs to make them hot but thats about it. Jay and Beans seemed like they were closer than Jay and Dame. If Beans and 50 get on a Jay-z diss track that might be enough heat to force Jay z to diss 50 and Beans on a track.