Sunday, September 27, 2009

"If I Get 2, I'll Make Sure You Get 3..."



Devin The Dude feat. Brandy - Gimme Some


I'm not sure how official this "collabo" with Brandy (of Moesha fame) is, but any day I get some new music from The Dude is a good day. I was kinda lukewarm on his last album, 08's Landing Gear, but this new joint sounds like a return to form for Devin. Only Too Short is better at spitting the raunchiest, most player lyrics and even he lacks the earnest nature that's become Devin's trademark. My guy is dead serious when he asks to help her "moisturize what's between her thighs" lol.

Hopefully there's a new album in the works and I can hear Devin The Dude working with other established singers. I think teaming up with some certified R&B acts is a natural move for Devin. If anybody can pull off a R&B tinged album (ala Ghostface's Ghostdini The Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City), it's The Dude.

Update: Devin talks to Mr. Peter Parker about his various upcoming projects, amongst other things...

No comments: