Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jay-Z - Run This Town Feat. Rihanna & Kanye West



Run This Town Feat. Rihanna & Kanye West


So it's finally arrived, the much anticipated second single off of the "God MC" Jay-Z's upcoming album, The Blueprint 3. I waited a sec before commenting on this just because I wanted to give myself a chance to really hear the record. Well, I heard it. What's the verdict?

Decent enough, but after getting both Kanye and Rihanna on the same track, I was looking for something more. Especially from S Dot himself. Hov is obviously on cruise control and seems more like a featured artist then anything else. Rihanna dominates the track with the chorus and Kanye upstages "Big Bro'" on the mic. But maybe that was the whole point of Jay getting them on the track. Hov coasting on the coattails of his protégé's? Hmmm...?

With that lineup, you'd expect them to deliver the goods. This just doesn't do it for me. Out of all the other tracks I've heard from the BP3 sessions thus far, I'm the least impressed with this one. Sounds like something that coulda been on the last volume of The Blueprint series. Take that how you will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good!

geico lizard said...

After seeing the album cover Im not sure how this album will sound.

AmpGeez said...

After seeing the album cover Im not sure how this album will sound.
===================================
I mean, is this a new Jay-Z album or Coldplay's latest disc?

Can't tell by that cover.