Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trayo - The Warm Up (Mixtape)



One of the good things about being a blogger is getting new music from unknown cats looking for some shine. Even though I'm pretty green when it come to this blogging stuff, surprisingly I get alot of music sent to my Gmail account. Most of it's trash, but once in a while I hear something that really catches my ear and a couple months ago I found one.

The first joint I heard from Trayo was called "I'm From The Eastside" and from the jump, the booming track grabbed me. That, mixed with Trayo's gruff lyricism had me on the L train looking like a bobblehead (pause). Reppin' Sin City, Las Vegas, Trayo's flow is steeped in the streets but even though he had one hot joint, I was still loooking to hear more from him before I totally co-signed. Last night, my dude BK2LV dropped Trayo's mixtape The Warm Up in my mailbox and I was highly impressed. Dude goes in on this joint.

Manhandling ever track he spits on, The Warm Up is a mixtape, so there are a couple of beats you might've heard before, but Trayo makes each one his own, especially on "Ayo / We Go" where he reps over a tweaked version of Rick Ross's "Luxury Tax". Flames. As hot as those joints are, it's the original songs that really show dude's promise. Songs like "Big Guns ft. Tony Boy" and the aforementioned "I'm From The Eastside", the title track, "The Warm Up", and the epic, "Street Stories" (A track where Trayo tells three different stories from the perspective of three different personas), only make you realize just how inept some of these label A&R's are. With a distinct voice, a creative outlook and a flow that balances block savy and book smarts, this cat needs a deal pronto. Now I'd never lead my loyal readers astray (What up Geico! lol), but just in case you need a bit more convincing before you download, peep this...

Trayo - I'm From The Eastside


Here's the link and the tracklist. Don't sleep. Trayo has what it takes to put Vegas on the map.

Trayo - The Warm Up

1 comment:

viv said...

nice......
What a guy...