Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thor? Really?



The word is, Australian actor Chris Hemsworth has been cast in Marvel Films, Thor.

I don't see it, but then again, I couldn't imagine Hugh Jackman (a unknown actor at the time) as Wolvie...at least, not untill I saw him pop his claws for the 1st time onscreen. I'm skeptical of this guy, especially since I have no idea who he is (He played Kirk's father in the new Star Trek movie) even though he's apparently been cast in two upcoming Hollywood movies, including the remake of one of my favorite 80's flicks, Red Dawn.

Being cast as Thor is a big deal, because most likely, the actor who portrays Thor in this movie (directed by Kenneth Branagh) will reprise the role for The Avengers movie. For the most part, Marvel's done a good job casting for their films (with the exception of Ben Affleck as Daredevil and Jenifer Garner as Elektra. Those movies stunk.) so I'm gonna go with it...for now.

Thor is due in theaters June 17th, 2011.

2 comments:

geico lizard said...

This will work if that guy takes steroids to beef up like jackman did. Jackman turned down 007 I dont understand why. Playing wolverine and 007 would be like Bale playing Batman and in the terminator. Take the big checks from action movies and be set for life then do your fruity dramatic roles on the side.

AmpGeez said...

Jackman turned down 007 I dont understand why.
===============================
I'm thankfull he did though. Daniel Craig did a great job in both of the latest Bond flicks.

And Jackman has done more then his share of fruity side projects over the years lol. As lackluster as I thought the Wolvie movie was, he did his thing as Logan.