Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Killer Mike ft. Big Boi - My Chrome (Video)





I first heard this song on Big Boi's Purple Ribbon All-Stars Got Purp? Vol. 2 (an extremely underrated album by the way) and the first thing I thought was "single". Definitely my favorite track on the album and one of my favorite Killer Mike songs period.I wasn't much of a fan of Killer Mike back then. Aside from "Akshon (Yeah!)" and "A.D.I.D.A.S.", I hadn't really heard that much of dude. "My Chrome" was supposed to be the joint that really put Killer Kil on the map. Emphasis on "supposed to". The album underperformed, Killer Mike and Big Boi eventually had a falling out (which they've since settled) and Mike left the fold to go the indie route, landing a joint venture with Grand Hustle/Atlantic just last year. Now that's all good for Mike, but I always wished "My Chrome" had gotten the look it shoulda gotten, especially when I found out that a video was shot and it was directed by acclaimed video director Hype Williams. Seemed like such a waste...untill now. Props to The Crew for unearthing this gem.

1 comment:

geico lizard said...

"Big Boi's Purple Ribbon All-Stars Got Purp? Vol. 2 (an extremely underrated album by the way"

^
co-sign they had some tracks on album and Killer Mike killed ever song he was on. I dont know why anybody would let Killer Mike rap last on a song they know he is going to spit fire and make your verse sound weak. "Body Rock" could have been a club song but it wasnt promoted right. Outkast couldnt blow up killa mike like they did goodie mob but maybe grand hustle with TI locked up and alfamega off the label can do it.