Monday, May 18, 2009

Freddie Gibbs - Neverending Cycle



I caught wind of this kid over at my regulaur haunt and it took me a while to decide to give him a shot. I mean, no disrespect to the tastemasters at The Section, but there's new music from some rookie rapper dropping everyday and it's nearly impossible to listen to everything. Plus, this cat's from Gary, Indiana. Gary's most known for the high unemployment rate, the gang violence and for being the hometown of The Jackson 5, and you see how fast them niggas got outta there. It wasn't untill he linked up with Devin The Dude (one of my favorite MC's of all time) that I decided to sample his music. I was instantly impressed. The combination of Freddie's gruff vocals, double time flows and streetcentric lyricism immediately made me a fan. Freddie Gibbs is definitely next up.

So much so, that I started to seek out more music from dude and I stumbled upon this joint, presumably off of his upcoming mixtape The Miseducation Of Freddie Gibbs and produced by J.R Rotem. If you haven't heard of dude yet, consider this an introduction and then head over to The Section to really get familiar (no Clinton Sparks).

Neverending Cycle (Produced By Jonathan "J.R." Rotem)

2 comments:

tognak (tone-yak) said...

gibbs tha truth, i keep that live from gi in tha deck all day

AmpGeez said...

I just got hip to the dude, but yeah, that Live From GI mixtape is crack.