Friday, May 29, 2009

Fabolous - Throw It In The Bag ft. The-Dream/It's My Time ft. Jeremih (Video)





New music from Fabolous off that Loso's Way. Now I'm not mad at the heavy R&B sound of these joints. This is what Fab is known for, making joints for the ladies. My only question, where's the street single? For an album that's supposed to be inspired by the Pacino flick, Carlito's Way, the first couple looks off of the album are as far removed from the film as you can get.

Now I've seen Carlito's Way a buncha times, but maybe I missed the part where Carlito took Gail on a shopping spree. Think of "Throw It In The Bag" as the East Coast version of T.I.'s "Whatever You Like". Is tricking out of control really what's hot in the streets? To borrow a quote from the song, Where they do that at? I know cats wanna sell records but sheesh.

The 2nd clip fares a lil' better. Director Erik White makes a psuedo movie trailer for Loso's Way and even though Def Jam artist Jeremih is all over the hook, it's still somewhat bearable. Here's the tentative tracklist (even though these things are always subject to change)...

1. The Way (Intro) (Produced by StreetRunner)
2. Imma Do It (Produced by DJ Khalil)
3. My Time feat. Jeremih (Produced by The Runners)
4. Please Don’t Go feat. Marsha Ambrosius (Produced by Syience)
5. Lullaby (Produced by The Alchemist)
6. When the Money Goes feat. Jay-Z (Produced by Jermaine Dupri)
7. Throw It in the Bag feat. The-Dream (Produced by Tricky Stewart)
8. General feat. Lil Wayne (Produced by Miguel)
9. Pachanga (Produced by Sid V)
10. Last Time feat. Trey Songz (Produced by Jermaine Dupri)
11. I’m Back (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
12. All My Ladies feat. Keri Hilson (Produced by Ryan Leslie)
13. Fabolous Life feat. Ryan Leslie (Produced by Ryan Leslie)
14. Let’s Make Love feat. Ne-Yo (Produced by Jermaine Dupri)

Looks good on paper, but you know how that goes.

Loso's Way In stores June 30th.

No comments: